my deals by email
Receive our latest deals before they go on sale to general public.
- free to book
- free to change your mind
- no upfront payment
- guaranteed best rates
- manage booking online
Windermere Hydro Hotel, Bowness on Windermere
Private Car Park
Leisure with pool
Best Available Room
Windermere Hydro Hotel in Bowness on Windermere offers guests wonderful panoramic views over Lake Windermere.
The Windermere Hydro in Bowness-on-Windermere is one of the oldest Lake District Hotels in the world and was originally built as a water cure hotel in the late 19th century. The Hydro is a wonderful Victorian hotel, tastefully modernised to cater for today's discerning visitors.
The Windermere Hotel is ideally located only minutes away from many of the local attractions and shops in Bowness and the hotel has ample parking.
The Windermere Hydro Hotel offers impeccable accommodation at affordable prices
The Windermere Hydro offers great late deals and special offers on short breaks throughout the year.
Number of Bedrooms
Steps into Hotel
Check In Time
Check Out Time
Loading your tailored rates…
The Hydro has over 80 bedrooms, all non-smoking and with private facilities.
Many of the rooms have spectacular views over Lake Windermere and the Lake's edge is only minutes away.
Bar & Restaurant
The Restaurant at the Hydro offers a wide variety of traditional food, using local produce where possible.
The comfortable bar overlooks the lake and has a wide range of beers, wines and spirits all priced competitively.
The Hydro Spa based offers a swimming pool, spa, sauna and mini gym.
The new heated indoor swimming pool has the latest in temperature and humidity control.
Directions to the Windermere Hydro, Bowness on Windermere
These directions are from the M6 Motorway.
1) Junction 36, turn west on the A590 (dual carriageway). Continue for approx 7 miles until you reach a roundabout.
2) Straight on at the roundabout onto the A591. Continue for approx 7 miles until you see "TheWindermere Hotel" on your right.
3) Turn left and continue through the village on the one way system.
4) Leave the village and drive downhill for approx 1 mile, past the health centre and school on your right, and police station on your left.
5) As you enter the village of Bowness you will see the cinema on your right and shops on the left.
6) Approx 100 yards further down their is a left-hand turn between the 'Lakeland Shop' and 'Basketware Shop' This is Helm Road.
7) The Hydro Hotel is situated at the top of the hill on your left.