Woodford Bridge Country Club, HolsworthyLooking to stay at the Woodford Bridge Country Club in Holsworthy? View latest deals, offers and reviews at myhotelbreak. Best price guaranteed & no upfront payments. (0)1409 261481 10am 4 No rates available
Private Car Park
Leisure with pool
Set amongst rolling hills and English countryside the Woodford Bridge Country Club is a 4-star resort in North Devon offering a variety of self-catering accommodations and onsite facilities such restaurant, bar and indoor heated pool.
Private Car Park
Leisure with pool
Number of Bedrooms: 103
Parking Spaces: 100
Steps into Hotel: 0
Check In Time: 4pm
Check Out Time: 10am
The Woodford Bridge Country Club in Milton Damerel, near Holsworthy, started life as an old coaching inn in the 15th century, providing food and shelter for weary travellers, over the years this has been transformed into the 4-star resort that you see today. There is certainly plenty of old-world charm and classic, regal appeal, but now with the added benefit of modern amenities. The setting, architecture and rolling hillside are all the ideal surroundings for your visit to the English countryside. The resort is also home to various wildlife including peacocks and ducks.
The stylish double rooms at the Woodford Bridge Country Club are a cosy home away from home situated in the main thatched building and some feature an outside balcony area. These are equipped with a small fridge and tea/coffee-making facilities. Scattered throughout the grounds are a choice of two-bedroom houses. The apartment accommodations are all situated in the lower part of the resort and feature a compact lounge with a sofa bed, bedroom, bathroom and partial kitchen which contains a fridge with ice box, oven and a four-ring hob. They also each have a small outside balcony area. Situated throughout the resort are the lodges which have a lounge area with a sofa bed, a master bedroom and a full kitchen including a washing machine and dishwasher. Some lodges have one bathroom whilst some are available with two bathrooms. Layouts in these house-style accommodations vary although most have a bedroom and bathroom either upstairs or downstairs; a small number of bungalow-style accommodation is also available. Each has its own private balcony area.
Relax in the bar with a quiet drink or select the fabulous dishes from the menu. Each dish has been created by a team of experienced chefs and offers a wide variety of home-prepared food using the best quality, locally sourced produce and ingredients.
There is plenty to do onsite. You can stay on track with your exercise regimen by hitting the fitness room, if pampering yourself is in order, you can book an appointment at the beauty salon or take advantage of the massage services.
The Woodford Bridge Country Club offers great late deals and special offers on short breaks throughout the year. Book online today with My Hotel Break.
Double Room (Located in the main building)
The stylish double rooms are a cosy home away from home. These rooms feature a tastefully decorated bedroom and en-suite bathroom. The bedrooms are equipped with a small fridge and tea and coffee-making facilities. All double rooms are situated in the main thatched building and some feature an outside balcony area.
One Bedroom Apartments
The one bedroom which sleeps 3 is all situated in the lower part of the resort and features a compact lounge with a sofa bed for one (option for a double sofa bed for 2 people also available), bedroom, bathroom and partial kitchen which contains a fridge with ice box, oven and a four ring hob. They also each have a small outside balcony area. Each accommodation within the three-story building is accessed via two main staircases but, once inside the actual apartment, each has all its rooms on one level. A small number of apartments are on the ground floor.
One Bedroom Lodge
Situated at the top of the resort, the 1 bedroom lodges have a lounge area with a sofa bed, master bedroom, bathrooms and also the convenience of a full kitchen, including a washing machine and dishwasher. In most cases, the bedroom and bathroom are upstairs in this house-style accommodation although a small number of bungalow-style accommodation is available. Each has its own private balcony area.
Two Bedroom Lodge
Situated throughout the resort, the 2 bedroom lodges have a lounge area with a sofa bed, a master and twin bedroom and a full kitchen including a washing machine and dishwasher. Some houses have one bathroom whilst some are available with two bathrooms. Layouts in these house-style accommodations vary although most have a bedroom and bathroom either upstairs or downstairs; a small number of bungalow-style accommodation is also available. Each has its own private balcony area.
Bar & Restaurant
Make the most of your break and take advantage of the onsite restaurant and bar.
Each dish has been created by a team of experienced chefs and offers a wide variety of home-prepared food using the best quality, locally sourced produce and ingredients.
FOOD SERVICE TIMES:
Saturday and Sunday only: 12noon-5 pm
Monday-Sunday: 5 pm-8.30 pm (restaurant and bar)
The resort's indoor leisure facilities include an indoor heated pool, whirlpool, sauna and steam room.
Additional activities are available onsite.
Pool Table Sauna
Table Tennis/Ping Pong
Directions to Woodford Bridge Country Club near Holsworthy
Driving: Driving on the M5 southbound exit at junction 27 onto the A361 following signs to Barnstaple. At Portmore roundabout take the A39 to Bideford. After approx 10 miles take the A386 to Torrington (right turn). At Landcross turn right onto the A388 (signposted Holsworthy) going through Saltrens and Frithlestock Stone. At Stibb Cross turn right (signposted Holsworthy) continuing on the A388. After approx 3 miles you will find Woodford Bridge on the right-hand at the bottom of a very steep hill.
Alternate Directions: From Heathrow International Airport
Take the Heathrow Express service from your terminal of arrival to London Paddington train station. The Heathrow Express departs every 10-15 minutes throughout the day. From London, Paddington takes a train to Exeter St Davids train station. Trains depart roughly every hour both on weekdays and Sundays. On Weekdays departures are from 6.45 am until 8.35 pm. On Sundays, departures are from 7.57 am until 7.57 pm. From Exeter St Davids take the X9 bus service to Holsworthy church. On weekdays there are 5 busses per day. On Sundays and public holidays, there are only 2 buses per day, 1 at 12.20 pm and 1 at 5.35 pm. From Holsworthy church take the bus service number 85 to Woodford Bridge. Bus 85 does not run on a Sunday.
Airport name: Exeter International Airport
Directions to resort: Pick up signs for A30. Join A30 signposted M5. Keep in the left lane and join M5. After approx., 5 miles merge left onto the A30 signposted Okehampton. Keep on A30 for approx. 22 miles and take the exit marked A386. At the T-junction turn right. Follow the A386 to the first mini-roundabout. Take the left exit (sharp) onto the A3079. Keep on the A3079 through Halwill Junction to the next T-junction. Turn left onto the A3072 to Holsworthy. At the next T-junction (approx. 4 miles away) turn right into Holsworthy. Drive through Holsworthy to the A388 signposted Bideford. After approx. 15 minutes you pass Sanders Garage on your right. Carry on for approx. 1 mile and Woodford Bridge is located on the left as the road descends. The journey takes 1.5 hours.
Taxi fare (one way): £70.00
Airport name: Bristol Airport
Directions to resort: Pick up signs for A38 southbound. Continue along A38 form approx. 15 miles. Join the M5 motorway signposted to the Southwest. Leave M5 at Junction 27 signposted Barnstaple and pick up the A361. Continue along A361 for approx. 26 miles. At Portmore roundabout exit onto A39 signposted Bideford. After approx. 10 miles pick up A386 signposted Torrington. Continue along A386 to Landcross and turn right onto A388 signposted Holsworthy. Continue through Saltrens and Frithlestock Stone. At Stibb Cross turn right (still on A388). Continue for three miles. Woodford Bridge is at the bottom of a very steep hill. The journey takes 2.5 hours.
Taxi fare (one way): £140.00
Hotel Notice Board
Woodford Bridge Country Club General Policies
- Check-in is after 16:00 and check-out is prior to 10:00.
- The resort requires a valid credit card to secure a refundable security deposit of £100 per apartment upon check-in. Your deposit will be released at the end of your stay upon inspection of your accommodation(s). Cash cannot be accepted as a deposit. Where a charged deposit is being refunded, please note that the funds will only appear in your account once processed by your financial institution.
- When checking in, all Guests occupying the accommodation are required to present a valid form of photo identification.
- Children under 18 are not permitted to stay in the accommodation unless accompanied by a parent or guardian. Those under 18 are included in the occupancy level for your accommodation. Under no circumstances may the maximum occupancy level be exceeded.
- Please contact reception if you plan to arrive later than 23:59 on the day of arrival as accommodations will only be held until this time and may be subsequently cancelled.
- Bookings of five or more rooms are subject to the group booking Terms and Conditions. Please contact us at EUGroups@hgv.com for more information.
- This resort will not accommodate hen, stag or similar parties.
- The resort reserves the right to refuse your check-in or to terminate your stay where any Guest(s) is displaying anti-social behaviour. Our anti-social behaviour policy is available on request.
- Additional fees apply for the use of certain resort facilities.
- All Special Requests are subject to availability and cannot be guaranteed.
- Adapted accommodations are subject to availability. Please contact us at AccessRequirementsEU@hgv.com if you have any accessibility requirements that you wish to discuss.
- It is recommended you take out independent travel insurance for both domestic and international travel to cover you for any medical emergencies and/or loss incurred due to being unable to occupy your accommodation.
- The resort operates an ongoing improvement programme, so refurbishments may be taking place throughout the year. While the resort endeavours to keep noise and disruption to a minimum, there may be some disturbance to our Guests.
- The cleaning schedule for your accommodation may vary depending on the length of your stay.
- The number of Wi-Fi devices may vary depending on your accommodation type.
- Pets are not permitted at this resort, with the exception of service animals.
- The resort is not on one level and the incline can be quite steep in places.
While exploring the area of Devon, you will be taken aback by the amount there is to see and do. Your lodging may be nestled amid the still and tranquil English countryside, but that does not mean there aren't activities waiting outside for you to explore such as the beautiful gardens or the zoo for the entire family to enjoy.
There are amusement and theme parks with thrilling rides and aquariums for hours of fun and entertainment or learn about the history of the area by taking tours or venturing inside old castles and forts. Explore nature by visiting the gardens or strolling the beaches. Of course, no trip to Devon would be complete without some local shopping and dining to get a true feel for the area.
For more information on things to see in and do in the area, check out our Destination Guide.